We’re hiring a Historic Motorsport Race Mechanic to join our expanding team
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the fastest growing global motorsport businesses. United Autosports is an established race winning team contesting multiple endurance racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of some of the most iconic historic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Historic motorsport race mechanic to join our growing motorsport department. The role is hugely varied and allows the opportunity to work on a range of exceptional historic race cars.
The candidate will take direction from the historic managers
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break, some weekend and evening work will be required as per the race and test schedule as well as other business requirements and demands. The role will require domestic and international travel and a willingness to work the hours a role of this kind requires.
- Strip, assemble and service the race cars at the workshop and events worldwide consistently to the highest standards
- Restoration and preparation to the highest standard of historically important race cars
- Component part numbering and component logging, to ensure accurate mileage records are kept
- Working effectively with race engineers, drivers and other mechanics at race and test events
- Upkeep of faults lists and maintenance records whilst in the workshop and on-event
- Follow up on issues, ensuring problems are resolved ahead of the next race event
- Assist the historic motorsport project managers with accurate record keeping of each car in the care of United Autosports
- Assist with the loading and unloading of trucks and freight both at an event and at the workshop, help with garage build/set up and pack-up
- Identify opportunities and ideas to reduce costs and highlight to the management team to consider implementation
- Maintain a high level of presentation at both the workshop and at the track
- Other responsibilities required as and when required within the historic department and wider United Autosports business
- Ensure the company’s reputation is always maintained at the highest level.
- Identify any issues that may harm the company’s reputation and harness the resources of the team to address the issues immediately.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards, with minimal supervision and a strong attention to detail.
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent team player
- Good work ethic
- Flexible positive attitude
- High level of commitment
- Strong competitive nature
- Willingness to travel
- The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of Formula 3, LMP3 or Historic racing/preparation or other relevant motor sport experience and exhibit strong mechanical and organisational skills.
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence
This is a really exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter to Claire.Taylor@unitedautosports.com explaining why this would be of interest to you.