An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the fastest growing global motorsport businesses. United Autosports is an established race winning team contesting multiple racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of some of the most iconic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis with an immediate start date and based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & competent race mechanic to join our growing historic motorsport department.
The role is hugely varied & allows the opportunity to work on a range of exceptional historic race cars.The candidate will take direction from the project managers & the team owner.
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break, some weekend & evening work will be required as per business requirements & demands.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Assembly, service & operation of the cars at the workshop & race events worldwide
• Responsible for preparing all types of race cars to the highest professional standards
• Restoration to the highest standard of historically important race cars• Working with race engineers, drivers and other mechanics at race and test events
• Assist the Historics Motorsport Project Managers with accurate record keeping of each car in the care of United Autosports
• Other responsibilities required as and when required within the Historics department and wider United Autosports business
• Excellent team player
• Good work ethic
• Flexible positive attitude
• High level of commitment
• Strong competitive nature
• Computer literate
• Willingness to travel
• The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of Formula 3, LMP3 or other relevant experience & exhibit strong mechanical & organisational skills.
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The candidate will be required to be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is a really exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you to HR@unitedautosports.com
26th May 2022