- Velocity Invitational comes to Monterey this weekend (14-16th October 2022)
- Team co-owner Zak Brown racing two historic touring cars from his personal collection
- Victory at the Monterey Reunion fresh in mind for the United team
We’re heading back to Monterey for another week of historic racing, courtesy of the 2022 Velocity Invitational, with team co-owner Zak Brown behind the wheel of two cars from his personal collection.
This weekend, Zak will be racing the 1974 Ford Cologne Capri RS3100 and the 2011 Holden VE Commodore V8 Supercar – both cars making their debut at the WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca.
1974 Ford Cologne Capri RS3100
- One of only three works RS3100s built
- Past drivers include F1 champion Niki Lauda
- Two wins out of two starts in the 1974 European Touring Car Championship
- Also won the Deutsche Rennsport Meisterschaft at Zandvoort
2011 Holden VE Commodore V8 Supercar
- Won the 2011 Bathurst 1000 – the blue riband event of the Australian V8 Supercars Championship
- Crossed the line just 0.291 seconds ahead of the Ford FG Falcon in a true battle to the end
The on-track action kicks off on Friday 14th October with free practice and qualifying sessions. Come Saturday, the first races will roar into action, deciding the starting order for Sunday’s feature races.
On the final day of Velocity, the Holden will line up for the Group 9 finale at 22:40 (UK time), followed by the Ford in Group 5 at 23:40 (UK-time).
Stay up to date with all the West Coast action on our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook pages.
“Racing in Monterey is always great fun, so it’s awesome to be back for Velocity 2022 with the United Autosports team. This time, we’re racing the Capri and the Holden - two iconic cars which are making their Laguna Seca debut … I can’t wait to get out on track and see what we can do.”