We’re hiring a Number 1 Mechanic to join our expanding team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the fastest growing global motorsport businesses. United Autosports is an established race-winning team contesting multiple endurance racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of some of the most iconic historic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis, based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent Number 1 Mechanic with previous high-level motorsport experience to work within our LMP2 team.
The candidate will report to the Project / Team Manager.
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break. Some weekend and evening work will be required as per the race and test schedule as well as other business requirements and demands. The position will require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work the hours a role of this kind requires.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Upkeep, maintenance, setup and running of one of the company’s fleet of LMP2 race cars
- Assembly, service, and operation of the race cars at the workshop and events worldwide consistently to the highest standards
- Follow engineering and technical procedures during the rebuild and preparation of the car whilst respecting agreed deadlines
- Engage and efficiently lead a team of mechanics at race and test events, promoting teamwork and effective communication
- Take an active role in the pit stop crew including identifying opportunities to improve pit stop routine and performance
- Component part numbering and component logging, to ensure accurate mileage records are kept
- Creation and upkeep of job lists and maintenance records whilst in the workshop and on-event
- Monitor and advise on spare stock levels for the project
- Identify and help resolve issues with car build, reliability or equipment which need attention, service or repair
- Follow up on issues, ensuring problems are resolved ahead of the next race event
- Assist with the loading and unloading of trucks and freight both at an event and at the workshop
- Assist with setup and dismantling of the garage infrastructure on-event
- Identify opportunities and ideas to reduce costs and highlight to the management team for consideration
- Maintain a high level of presentation at both the workshop and at the track
- Other responsibilities when required within the engineering departments to assist the business
- Ensure the company’s reputation is maintained at the highest level at all times.
- Ensure that the client company’s reputation and presentation is maintained at the highest level at all times
- Knowledge and ability in all aspects of race car maintenance and repair, including composite and graphics repairs
- Knowledge and ability to use Lifecheck, HH Timing and PI Toolbox are an advantage but not essential
- Competent and confident computer skills
- Excellent record-keeping abilities
- Sub assembly/ gearbox build knowledge and experience would be advantageous
- Excellent timekeeping with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards, with minimal supervision and a strong attention to detail
- Good English written and oral communication skills
- High level of commitment
- Excellent team player
- Good work ethic
- Flexible positive attitude
- Strong competitive nature
- Willingness to travel
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The candidate will be required to be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is a really exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you to HR@unitedautosports.com