We’re hiring an LMP2 Crew Chief to join our expanding team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the fastest growing global motorsport businesses. United Autosports is an established race winning team contesting multiple endurance racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of some of the most iconic historic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis and based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and competent LMP2 Crew chief, reporting to the project manager.
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break, some weekend and evening work will be required as per the race and test schedule as well as other business requirements and demands.
- Engage and efficiently lead a team of mechanics in the workshop as well as at race and test events promoting teamwork and effective communication
- Ensure our cars and team are prepared and organised to deliver our objectives to the highest standards
- Work with the engineering team to ensure the legality and compliance of the cars for all technical and sporting legislation
- Assist with the creation and implementation of technical and operational processes to increase efficiency
- Ensure that all technical and operational procedures are followed throughout the team
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the team of technicians
- Collaborate to develop the capability and performance of the team
- Work with the reliability engineer and wider engineering group to effectively plan lifeing, car build sheets and spare parts
- Attend race and test events to deliver our plan and the performance potential of the team
- Follow up on technical and operational problems encountered during events and ensure that problems are understood and resolved ahead of the upcoming events
- Ensuring all equipment required is taken to the event and transported correctly
- Assist the project manager with freight planning and loading
- Identify opportunities and ideas to reduce costs
- Maintain the high level of presentation that the company demands, in both the workshop and at the track
- Ensure the company’s reputation is always maintained at the highest level
Knowledge and Skills required:
- High level personal, social and management skills with a confident inspiring communicative approach
- Ability to plan and schedule tasks and able to adapt during dynamically changing conditions and circumstances on and off the track
- Strong problem-solving skills and a propensity to stay calm and professional in high stress situations
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards and attention to detail
- Experience of complex technical automotive and motorsport systems
- Good computer knowledge, proficient in MS office applications
- Good English Written and oral communication skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role in high level motorsport environment, e.g., F1, WEC, ELMS, DTM, FE, IMSA or IndyCar
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The candidate will be required to be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is a really exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role. Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you to HR@unitedautosports.com