Reports to: Dave Greenwood, Technical Director & Max Gregory, Operations Manager
- Data Acquisition System
- Responsible for all calibration files for ECU / data logger including development of tools.
- Responsible for developing onboard math channels to aid data analysis.
- Development of steering wheel calibrations and display pages.
- Responsibility for the specification and calibration of all car electronics equipment and sensors.
- Co-ordination of telemetry systems across various championships.
- Responsible for operation of 1 car during race/test sessions including;
- Programming of ECU / data logger including data download.
- Calibration of all car electronics equipment sensors.
- Post running inspection of all sensors data
- Determining quantities and ordering of sensors and electrical components.
- Lifing of all company electronics systems.
- Preparation of standard reports and performance indices.
- Working with Engineering Team to continually improve the electronics system and tools.
- Electronics Department
- Provide guidance and mentoring to electronics department staff
- Determine budget requirement for electronics department
- Responsible for the design, set up and operation of the garage telemetry and IT infrastructure
- Responsible for the running of the trackside IT network
- Responsible for the Pitwall/Garage data systems
- Responsible for Team/Car radio and intercom systems
- Company Reputation
- Ensure the company’s reputation is maintained at the highest level at all times.
- Identify any issues that may harm the company’s reputation and harness the resources of the team to address the issues immediately.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings including wiring diagrams.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills through both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of race car data acquisition systems; ideally Marelli and Cosworth systems
Vehicle CANbus and Ethernet networking knowledge is required.
- Specification and design of car electrical looms.
- IT literate.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards, with minimal supervision and a strong attention to detail.
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Computer Programming language skills an advantage.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
- A degree in Electronic/Automotive/Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role in high level motorsport environment.
Role based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, UK and may require some international travel. Valid passport and driving licence required.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
or email firstname.lastname@example.org