United Autosports are looking to recruit race mechanics to join their growing historic motorsport department.
Reports to: Paul Haigh, Historic Motorsport Manager and Dickie Stanford, Historic Motorsport Project Manager
Roles and responsibilities briefly include, but are not limited to:
- Assembly, service and operation of the cars at the workshop and race events worldwide
- Responsible for preparing all types of race cars to the highest professional standards
- Working with race engineers on event
- Assist the Historic Motorsport Project Managers with record keeping of each car in the care of United Autosports
- Keeping track of time spent on each project
- Ability to load trucks and deal with spare parts and equipment travelling by air and sea freight.
About the role:
- The role will include international travel and the candidate must have an up to date passport and driving licence
- The candidate will take direction from the Project Managers and from time to time, the Team Owners
- The role is hugely varied, with the candidate working on a range of exceptional historic race cars
- The candidate needs to be an excellent team player with a good work ethic and flexible attitude to work
- The role requires a high level of commitment and candidates must possess a strong competitive nature
- The successful candidate will need to have a minimum of Formula 3 or LMP3 experience and exhibit strong mechanical, technical and organisational skills
- The candidate should be computer literate
- This is a full-time position, based at the United Autosports workshop in Wakefield
- Regular hours are 09:00-17:00 with half an hour for lunch. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org