An exciting opportunity has arisen to work with one of the fastest growing global motorsport businesses. United Autosports is an established race winning team contesting multiple racing series around the world as well as being the custodians of an impressive collection of some of the most iconic race cars.
The position is on a full-time employee basis with an immediate start date and based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & competent Electronics/ Data Engineer. The role is hugely varied & allows the opportunity to work on a range of exceptional race cars.
The candidate will take direction from the project managers & the team owner.
The working hours are 0900-1700 with a half hour lunch break, some weekend & evening work will be required as per business requirements & demands.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Data Acquisition System
- All programming of ECU / data logger including data download.
- Responsibility for the calibration of all car electronics equipment sensors.
- Post running inspection of all sensors data, reporting of condition and damage to the Race Engineer.
- Maintenance of minimum stock levels of sensors and electrical components including some ordering of parts and materials as necessary for this role.
- Preparation of standard reports and performance indices.
- Working with Engineering Team to continually improve the data analysis system and tools.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage/awning areas and infrastructure
- Preparing workbooks and pre-event documents
- Assist in the running of the trackside IT network
- Maintenance of Pitwall/Garage data systems
- Setup and maintenance of Team/Car radio systems
- Company Reputation
- Ensure the company’s reputation is maintained at the highest level at all times.
- Identify any issues that may harm the company’s reputation and harness the resources of the team to address the issues immediately.
- An ability to read and interpret technical drawings including wiring diagrams.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills through both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Strong understanding of race car data acquisition systems; ideally Marelli and Cosworth systems
- An ability to manufacturer and/or repair minor wiring looms and be prepared to undergo extra training in this area.
- IT literate.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards, with minimal supervision and a strong attention to detail.
- Solid computer knowledge, preferred experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
The right candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package commensurate with their experience and the requirements of this role.
The candidate will be required to be in comfortable reach of United Autosports’ base in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
The role requires international travel therefore the successful candidate should have an up-to-date passport and driving licence.
This is a really exciting time to join United Autosports in a broad and varied role.
Please send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why this would be of interest to you to HR@unitedautosports.com
10th June 2022